Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Where's Kim Jong-il?

In continuing my posts on all things Kim Jong-il, I noticed he visited the PRC Embassy this week. I think this indicates an uptick in bilateral relations in the wake of the 6 Party Talks successes. And good bilateral relations between the DPRK and China is good for stability.

Also, in the interests of pushing forward blog technology, I'm posting a 5 minute propaganda video on Kim Jong-Il with an English (and I use the term "English" loosely) voice-over. I initially thought it was harmless fun (the voice has a resemblance to the computer in "War Games" and the "Son of Partisans" rhetoric was hilarious), but then I saw the foreign soldier, around the beginning of minute 4, who seemed to be a genuinely terrified POW--a shocking sight. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'd be interested in any of your reactions.

Since YouTube is being difficult, I'm just posting the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a74OMUpPBac

I'll attempt to embed the video--ed.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I am in awe of the video. Wow.

Sayaka said...

oh wow!