Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Arirang...

So I’m probably dangerously close to piggybacking off of Andy’s post about the NY Philharmonic’s visit to Pyongyang. But I couldn’t resist sharing this video with you.

I have to admit that because I have very little knowledge of Korean history and culture everything seems fresh and new. And while maybe many of you know or grew up singing “Arirang”, I couldn’t help but marvel (and maybe become a tad envious) at the song’s ability to withstand the test of time and spark Korean nationalism among all ages and Koreans everywhere.

Of course, you’ll all probably make fun of me tomorrow because this is nothing new for most of you. But hey, I’m learning by the day!
At any rate, I hope this video sparks fond memories of your home or time spent living there.

1 comment:

Justin-B형 said...

It is truly a beautiful song.